Countdown to Summer
As the warmer weather is setting in, a lot of people are determined to get their body summer ready. Summer is less than 2 months away, so if you’re one of these people, you need to get started ASAP!
How to get your body summer ready
Starting early is key, and it is crucial to set a deadline. Almost all weight loss plans recommend setting goals and deadlines, and for a good reason; having a plan increases the likelihood of reaching your goals in time. Remember to set attainable goals for yourself and choose foods you like to eat. A useful tool when trying to lose weight is to start meal prepping, you can read our blog on the benefits of meal prepping and weight loss here!
IsoWhey can help you get there in time. We offer meal replacement shakes to suit specific health needs, and our shakes are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals to ensure you’re getting a nutritionally complete meal. Meal replacement shakes are also a time saver and the more convenient your diet plan is, the more likely you’ll be to stay on track. Check out our product focused blogs here to find the right meal replacement for you. If you’re looking for healthy snack ideas, then we’ve got that covered, too! Check out our snack time blog for some more info about our range of healthy snacks here.
Keep in mind that a sensible rate of weight loss is 1kg per week, so don’t expect to lose 5kg in a week, a lot of fad diets will promise the world and those are the ones to steer clear of. Getting a summer ready body takes hard work and dedication but you don’t have to go it alone. IsoWhey offers a great diet and exercise guide called the 8-week challenge, it’s a free downloadable eBook, you can check it out here if you’re after a little bit of guidance!
Working out at home
There are no excuses when you can work out at home! Whatever your focus areas are, there are at home workouts to target them.
Weight loss work outs
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, put your feet flat on the ground and keep your arms by your side
- Push up through your feet, raise your bottom off the ground until your hips are fully extended, tensing your glutes at the top
- Return to starting position and repeat
Legs: Stationary lunges
- Facing forward, take a step forward with your right leg
- Lower your body until your right leg is at a 90* angle
- Push yourself back up with your right leg
Arms: Tricep dips
- Sit on a bench with arms either side, holding onto the edge of the bench
- Position your feet away from the bench, then lower your body downwards until your arms are bent at a 90* angle
- Flex your knees lightly and push yourself back up to the starting position
H3 Strength focused workouts
Core: Sit ups
- Lie down on the floor on your back, bend your knees until your feet are flat on the ground
- Cross your arms over your chest, left arm at right shoulder and vice versa
- Using your abs, lift your back off the ground until your torso is at your knees, slowly release back to the ground
Legs: Step ups
- Pushing primarily through your lead foot, lift your body up onto the step
- Step back down
Arms: Push ups
- Starting in a plank position, with your hands flat on the ground and a little wider than your shoulders, lower yourself to the ground
- Push yourself back up, engaging your arms and core
To get that body summer ready, be consistent! It can be hard to stay motivated, but there are some tips to help. A lot of people aren’t a fan of the gym, and that’s okay! The most important thing is to keep moving, and if you work out with a partner or a group of friends then you’re getting some encouragement and support, which will enhance your motivation.
Do not weigh yourself daily! Weight fluctuates naturally and if you weigh yourself every day you won’t see the progress you’d see if you were weighing in once a week. It’s always motivating to see consistent results, so don’t set yourself up for disappointment. Tracking your progress will help to keep you motivated as well, you can see how far you’ve come! Another tip is to use a weight loss calculator, plenty of websites offer them for free and they will let you know how many calories you should be consuming to not only lose weight, but to maintain it once you’ve reached your goal.