This is a classic delicious Chocolate treat! Try our healthy alternative!
What you need:
- 100g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 50g IsoWhey chocolate protein
- 100g (1/2 cup) coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp isowhey protein
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with melted butter.
- Combine the flour, protein sugar and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre. Combine the milk, butter and egg in a large jug. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Pour into the prepared dish and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
- To make the chocolate sauce, sift the sugar and protein powder into a bowl. Sprinkle over the pudding mixture in the dish. Gently pour the boiling water over the cocoa mixture.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until a cake-like top forms and a skewer inserted halfway into the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Serve with thickened cream, if desired.