Looking for healthy alternatives to delicious Christmas treats? We have you covered! Try our Strawberry Protein Mousse!
What you need:
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons unflavoured gelatin
- 2 cups Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt)
- ⅔ cup (2 scoops) IsoWhey Strawberry Smoothie
- ¼ cup ripe strawberries, optional topping
- Thaw the frozen strawberries at room temperature for 10 minutes. Blend in the food processor. Stir in 2 Tablespoons of the coconut sugar and a pinch of salt. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to a strainer, positioned over a bowl. Press down on the berries to extract more juice, until only the seeds remain in the strainer.
- Transfer 3 Tablespoons of the strawberry juice into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Allow the gelatin mixture to sit for 5 minutes, then mix with a fork.
- Transfer the remaining strawberry juice from the bowl to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer and lower the heat to thicken and reduce the mixture down. Take off the heat and stir in the gelatin mixture.
- In the food processor, combine the Greek yogurt with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of coconut sugar. Add the strawberry mixture and process until fully combined. Mix in the protein powder until just combined.
- Divide the mousse into 4 custard dishes. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours, or up to 2 days. Garnish with fresh, minced strawberries if you have some on hand. Enjoy!