We know you are going to love this delicious, healthy carrot cake using our delicious Madagascan Vanilla protein! Give it a go and let us know what you think.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 100g IsoWhey Vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2/3 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated carrot
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Place the combined flour, protein powder, mixed spice and sugar in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add the carrot, egg and oil and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool.
- To make the lemon icing, place the butter and icing sugar in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Stir in enough lemon juice to make a spreadable paste.
- Transfer the cake to a board. Spread the top of the cake with lemon icing. Cut into pieces.