Green Eggs with Capsicum
Prep + cook time: 15 mins
- 1 cup coriander sprigs
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup (20g) shredded kale
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 pieces corn mountain bread (50g)
- 2 small red capsicums (300g), sliced thinly
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1 extra-large egg (60g)
- 2 extra-large egg whites (60g each)
- Reserve 2 tbsp coriander sprigs to serve. Pulse remaining coriander with spinach, kale, milk and onion powder in a large food processor until coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a baking paper-lined sandwich press. Place bread on paper; scrunch to form ripples. Bake with press slightly ajar for 4 mins or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over high heat; cook capsicum, stirring, for 4 mins or until starting to brown around edges. Add paprika, garlic powder, chilli flakes and 2 tbsp water; cook, stirring for 1 min. Spoon capsicum mixture onto toasted bread; wipe pan clean.
- Whisk egg and egg whites in a small bowl. Heat cleaned pan over medium heat. Add blended greens; cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until softened. Pour in egg mixture. Using a spatula, pull egg into centre and around the pan slowly and continuously for 30 secs or until egg is softly set. Spoon over capsicum mixture. Serve topped with extra chilli flakes and reserved coriander sprigs.
Nutritional count per serving
6.7g total fat (1.5g saturated fat); 1559kJ (372 cal); 42.5g carbohydrate; 29.4g protein; 11.9g fibre