Prep + cook time: 15 mins
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 200g button mushrooms, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (180g) microwave brown rice
- 1 bunch gai lan (200g), trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 medium carrot (120g), cut into julienne
- 2 large eggs (50g each)
- 8 large peeled green prawns (250g)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 green onion, shredded
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok over medium-high heat; stir-fry mushrooms and garlic for 3 min or until browned. Add rice, breaking up any clumps with a spoon, and cook for 5 mins to heat through. Divide between two bowls; cover to keep warm.
- Stir-fry gai lan and carrot, separately, for 2 mins each or until tender crisp. Arrange cooked vegetables in sections around rice.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp of oil in the same pan. Stir-fry prawns for 3 mins or until changed in colour completely. Add soy sauce and honey to pan; stir-fry for 1 min or until prawns are cooked through. Spoon prawns into bowls, drizzle with any pan juices; cover to keep warm.
- Crack eggs into same pan; cook until whites are just set, edges are crisp and yolks are cooked to your liking. Top each bowl with a fried egg; drizzle with chilli sauce, and scatter with green onion and sesame seeds.
Mix it up! Swap the brown rice for cauli or broccoli rice to make this dish grain-free.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
14.6g total fat (4.2g saturated fat); 2084kJ (497 cal); 50.5g carbohydrate; 40.4g protein; 10.1g fibre