Mexican Steak with Grilled Corn, Avocado & Cos Salad
Prep + cook time: 30 mins
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, rind and juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 225g sirloin steak
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 trimmed corn cob (250g)
- ½ small red onion (50g), sliced thinly
- 1 baby cos lettuce (150g), quartered lengthways
- 2 tbsp high protein natural yoghurt
- ½ medium avocado (125g), sliced thinly
- 4 radishes (60g), sliced thinly
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- Preheat a chargrill pan. Combine half each of the oil, garlic, lime rind and juice, and the spices in a bowl. Season. Add steak; turn to coat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray corn cob lightly with oil; cook, turning occasionally, for 8 mins or until charred. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from cob and place in a medium bowl.
- Combine onion and remaining lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside to lightly pickle.
- Spray lettuce quarters with oil; cook, cut-side down, for 2 mins or until lightly charred.
- Drizzle steak with the remaining oil. Cook for 4 mins each side for medium-rare or until done to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Rest for 5 mins; thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, drain onion, reserving liquid. Squeeze onion dry and add to corn in bowl. Combine yoghurt, reserved pickling liquid and remaining garlic and lime rind in a small bowl; season.
- Add avocado, radish and coriander to corn mixture, season with pepper; toss to combine. Divide cos lettuce, steak and corn salad among plates; drizzle with yoghurt mixture to serve.
Nutritional count per serving:
20.2g total fat (4.5g saturated fat); 1653kJ (395 cal); 15g carbohydrate; 33.2g protein; 9.5g fibre