Open Croque Madame
Prep + cook time: 15 mins
- 1/2 bunch asparagus (90g), sliced thinly lengthways
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large eggs (50g each)
- 2 slices wholemeal sourdough (100g)
- 5g butter, softened
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- 100g thinly sliced
- lean ham
- 2 tbsp grated gruyere, cheddar or mozzarella
- 50g baby rocket
- Place asparagus in a heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water from a kettle; stand for 30 secs. Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over high heat; spray with oil. Cook eggs until whites are set and yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Preheat a grill or sandwich press. Grill bread for 1 min each side or until golden.
- Spread butter and mustard over toast; top with ham and cheese.
- Place toasts under a grill (or in a sandwich press with the top slightly ajar); grill for 1 min or until cheese melts. Top with egg, asparagus and rocket; season to taste.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
12.4g total fat (4.5g saturated fat); 1250kJ (298 cal); 21.5g carbohydrate; 21.6g protein; 6.6g fibre