Vanilla & Berry-nana Pancakes
Prep + cook time: 20 mins
- ½ cup (110g) mashed ripe banana
- 1 heaped scoop (32g) ISOWHEY Madagascan Vanilla
- 2 extra-large eggs
- (60g each), separated
- 1/3 cup (45g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup (100g) blueberries
- olive oil cooking spray
- ½ cup (140g) natural
- no-fat greek yoghurt
- Place mashed banana, ISOWHEY Madagascan Vanilla, 2 egg yolks, flour, 1 tbsp of the maple syrup and the cinnamon in a bowl; stir to form a thick batter.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until they form stiff peaks; fold through batter. Scatter over half of the blueberries.
- Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil; heat over low heat. Working in batches, drop spoonfuls of batter into the pan; cook for 3 mins each side until golden, to make 6 pancakes.
- Serve pancakes topped with yoghurt, remining blueberries and maple syrup.
Meal Prep: Make pancakes; separate with pieces of baking paper and freeze. To reheat, microwave on MEDIUM (80%) for 30 secs–1 min.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
8g total fat (2.2g saturated fat), 1633kJ (390 cal), 56.1g carbohydrate, 20.4g protein, 7.2g fibre.