Chicken Tikka Masala Pockets
Prep + cook time: 20 mins
- 1 large red onion (300g)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g chicken breast fillets, cut into
- 2cm cubes
- 1½ tbsp tikka masala paste
- ⅓ cup (80ml) canned light coconut milk
- 2 wholemeal pitta pockets (100g), halved
- ⅓ cup (95g) low-fat greek yoghurt
- 150g mixed colour cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lebanese cucumber (130g), chopped finely
- 75g paneer cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup mint leaves
- Cut two slices from the centre of the red onion and separate slices into rings; finely chop remaining red onion.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat; cook chicken, stirring, for 3 mins or until just brown. Add tikka paste and chopped onion; cook, stirring, for 2 mins. Add coconut milk; simmer for 3 mins, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through (mixture should still be saucy). Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until required.
- To serve, spread inside of pitta pockets with yoghurt. Fill with chicken mixture, tomatoes, cucumber, onion rings and paneer. Sprinkle with mint leaves.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
10.1g total fat (4.2g saturated fat); 1297kJ (310 cal); 19.5g carbohydrate; 31.6g protein; 5.3g fibre