Pulled Chicken Tortillas
Prep + cook time: 40 mins (+ cooling)
- 200g chicken breast fillet
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ small onion (40g), chopped finely
- ½ large tomato (110g), diced finely
- 2 wholemeal tortillas (80g)
- 2 tbsp low-fat high-protein natural yoghurt
- crunch salad
- ½ small green apple (65g)
- 1 cup (80g) shredded white cabbage
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Place chicken, stock, spices, garlic, onion and tomato in a medium heavy-based saucepan; bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 12 mins. Remove from heat; leave chicken to cool in sauce for 10 mins.
- Remove chicken from sauce; shred using two forks. Return pan to heat; bring sauce to the boil. Cook over high heat for 15 mins or until thickened and reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, to make crunch salad, core apple and thinly slice. Place sliced apple, cabbage and 1/4 cup coriander in a bowl with oil and vinegar, season with pepper; toss gently to combine.
- Warm tortillas following packet directions.
- Fill tortillas evenly with salad, chicken and the thickened sauce.
- Blend remaining coriander from crunch salad with yoghurt until smooth. Serve with tortillas.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
10.1g total fat (2.3g saturated fat); 1396kJ (333 cal); 27.9g carbohydrate; 29.9g protein; 5g fibre