Super Chicken Salad
Prep + cook time: 30 mins
- ¼ cup (40g) dried apricots, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp hulled tahini
- 1 small orange sweet potato (200g)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 200g chicken tenderloins
- 1 bunch broccolini (175g), trimmed, halved lengthways
- 2 small zucchini (180g), sliced into thin ribbons
- 1½ cups (120g) finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 radishes (70g), quartered
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds, toasted
- Preheat a large chargrill plate or barbecue over high heat.
- For dressing, place apricots, basil, vinegar and tahini in a small jug with 2 tbsp water; stir dressing until combined.
- Using a mandoline or V-slicer, thinly slice sweet potato lengthways. Spray slices with oil, then cook in a single layer on the heated grill plate, for 2 mins each side or until softened and char marks appear. Transfer to a large plate.
- Cook chicken on chargrill plate for 4 mins each side or until cooked through; transfer to plate with sweet potato. Grill broccolini for 3 mins or until just softened; transfer to same plate. Grill zucchini for 1 min each side; transfer to same plate.
- Cut chicken into thick slices. Divide cabbage and radishes between two plates; top with grilled vegetables, chicken and sunflower seeds. Serve salad with tahini dressing.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
6.5g total fat (1g saturated fat); 1422kJ (339 cal); 29.8g carbohydrate; 32.7g protein; 10.6g fibre