Fluffy Parmesan Mushroom Omelette
Prep + cook time: 15 mins
- 200g mixed mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 125g can four-bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp drained semi-dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- 2 large eggs (50g each)
- 1 large egg white
- (50g egg)
- 25g baby rocket leaves
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a small (22cm) non-stick frying pan over high heat; cook mushrooms, stirring, for 2 mins. Add beans, garlic, thyme and 2 tbsp water; cook for 1 min or until mushrooms start to soften. Stir in vinegar, tomatoes and pepper to taste; cook for a further 1 min. Transfer to a bowl; cover to keep warm. Wipe pan clean.
- Whisk eggs, egg white and 2 tbsp water in a small bowl; season with pepper. Heat frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture; using a spatula, push cooked mixture from the outer edge into the centre, then tilt the pan so the uncooked mixture runs onto the base of the pan. Cook for 1 min or until puffed and almost set in the centre. Slide omelette from pan onto a plate.
- Spoon mushroom filling onto omelette. Top with rocket and cheese. Serve immediately.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
10.1g total fat (3.2g saturated fat); 1318kJ
(315 cal); 23g carbohydrate; 29.2g protein; 10.4g fibre