Baked Vegie Pakora Bowls
Prep + cook time: 50 mins
- ½ cup (40g) quinoa flakes
- 3 egg whites (60g each)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp lemon rind
- 750g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 175g mini vine capsicums, quartered
- 1 medium eggplant (300g), halved
- ½ bunch kale (125g), stems removed, torn
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 140g low-fat high-protein natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Place quinoa flakes, egg white, spices, bicarb, lemon rind and 1 tbsp water in a large bowl; whisk until well combined. Season.
- Add cauliflower, capsicum and eggplant to batter; stir to coat evenly. Place vegetables in single layers on trays.
- Bake vegetables, turning occasionally, for 35 mins or until golden around the edges and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place kale in a heatproof bowl. Pour over hot water from a kettle until covered; stand for 2 mins until wilted. Drain well. Divide kale and parsley between two bowls.
- Stir yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice and 1 tbsp water together in a small bowl. Season.
- Place baked vegie pakora on top of kale mixture. Serve immediately with yoghurt sauce and lemon wedges.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
6.1g total fat (0.8g saturated fat); 1341kJ (320 cal); 29.3g carbohydrate; 27.1g protein; 18.4g fibre