Green Pea Falafel Plate
Prep + cook time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 (3 falafel per serving)
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (145g) thawed frozen peas
- 1 cup (60g) packed mint leaves
- 2½ tbsp pistachio dukkah
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g vacuum-pack cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- 1 cup mint leaves, extra
- ½ cup (80g) thawed frozen peas, extra
- 125g baby cucumbers, quartered lengthways
- ½ cup (140g) no-fat greek yoghurt
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine chickpeas, peas, mint, 2 tbsp of the dukkah, the chia seeds and lemon rind in large food processor; season. Pulse until evenly chopped and resembles a rough paste.
- Shape falafel mixture into 12 round falafel patties. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 3 mins each side until crisp. (Cool and freeze six patties, in an airtight container, for up to 1 month.)
- Divide beetroot, extra mint, extra peas and the cucumber between plates. Add falafel patties to plates with yoghurt; sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp dukkah. Serve with lemon wedges.
Meal prep: Cook falafel ahead of time and freeze. Patties will keep frozen for up to 1 month.
Nutritional count per serving
13.7g total fat (2.8g saturated fat); 1575kJ (376 cal); 34.6g carbohydrate; 18.7g protein; 15.7g fibre