Cheesey Cauliflower Toasts
Prep + cook time: 20 mins
- 1/2 medium cauliflower (400g), cut into small florets
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1 small head broccoli (150g), cut into small florets
- 4 thin slices (120g) sourdough bread
- olive oil cooking spray
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 30g vegetarian parmesan-style cheese, grated finely
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (60g) shredded light tasty cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place cauliflower, stock and garlic in a saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer gently, covered, for 4 mins. Add broccoli; cook for a further 5 mins, or until cauliflower is tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven grill to high. Place sourdough on an oven tray; spray with oil. Grill for 1 min each side or until toasted.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove half the cauliflower florets and all of the broccoli; place in a bowl and set aside. Add milk to the remaining cauliflower, stock and garlic in pan. Using a stick blender, puree until smooth. Stir in cheese and mustard; season well.
- Spread toasts on tray with a little of the cauliflower sauce. Pile cauliflower and broccoli florets on toasts, then spoon remaining cauliflower sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Cook under oven grill for 3 mins or until golden and bubbling. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Tips: If you don’t have a stick blender, use a blender or food processor instead. You can also serve toasts sprinkled with dried chilli flakes or chives.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
17.3g total fat (9.7g saturated fat); 1872kJ (447 cal): 42.4g carbohydrate; 28g protein; 7.4g fibre