Quinoa Breakfast Trifles
Prep + cook time 30 mins (+ cooling)
- ⅓ cup (65g) tri-coloured quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tbsp raw buckwheat
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 210g gluten-free low-fat high-protein natural yoghurt
- 125g silken tofu, drained, patted dry
- 1 heaped scoop (32g) ISOWHEY Madagascan Vanilla
- 100g strawberries, quartered
- 1 large kiwifruit (100g), peeled, cut into wedges
- 1/2 small mango (100g), diced
- 2 tbsp passionfruit pulp, halved
- 1 tbsp natural flaked almonds, toasted
- Combine quinoa, buckwheat, cinnamon and 1½ cups (375ml) water in a small saucepan, cover; bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 14 mins or until water is absorbed. Spread mixture over a large tray to cool.
- Meanwhile, blend or process yoghurt, tofu, ISOWHEY and half of the strawberries until smooth. Refrigerate until required.
- Spoon yoghurt mixture between two glasses or jars; top with quinoa mixture, remaining fruit and almonds.
Batch it up! Double the recipe, portion into jars and refrigerate for a ‘grab and go’ brekkie.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
8.6g total fat (1.6g saturated fat); 1674kJ
(399 cal); 45g carbohydrate; 29.9g protein; 13.4g fibre