Smashed Chickpea & Za'atar Crunch Wrap
Prep + cook time: 15 mins
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (180g) drained canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp za’atar, plus 1 tsp extra
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 x 23cm (60g) lebanese bread rounds
- ¾ cup (85g) ready-made tabouli
- 80g sliced roasted capsicum strips
- 40g shredded light tasty cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
- ½ cup (140g) no-fat greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook chickpeas until well toasted. Stir in za’atar and honey; cook for 1 min or until crisp. Using a fork, roughly smash chickpeas. Set aside.
- Cut each bread round to the middle, keeping bread whole. Top one quarter of each bread with combined chickpeas, capsicum and tabouli. Sprinkle cheese on quarter above chickpea mixture. Fold quarter with chickpea mixture up onto cheese quarter, then fold that quarter to the right into a half moon, and then in half again to form a neat triangle. Repeat with second bread round.
- Spray wraps lightly with oil. Heat a frying pan over medium heat; cook wraps for 2 mins each side or until toasted.
- Serve wraps topped with yoghurt; sprinkle with extra za’atar and parsley.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
28.8g total fat (5.8g saturated fat); 2503kJ (598 cal); 50.3g carbohydrate; 23.8g protein; 11.2g fibre