Rainbow Salmon Bowl
Prep + cook time: 30 mins
- 100g vacuum-packed cooked beetroot
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 95g low-fat high-protein natural yoghurt
- 2 x 100g salmon fillets
- 140g canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tsp lemon rind
- 1 baby fennel bulb (130g), fronds reserved, shaved
- 2 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 medium carrot (120g), sliced thinly lengthways
- 1 small zucchini (90g), shaved lengthways
- 1 cup (80g) finely shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- To make beetroot dressing, process beetroot with the lemon juice and yoghurt until smooth. Season to taste.
- Place salmon, beans, lemon rind and 2 tbsp chopped fennel fronds in a large bowl; toss to coat. Season to taste.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Remove salmon from bean mixture; add to pan. Cook for 2 mins, skin-side down first, then turn and cook other side for a further 1 min or until almost cooked and still pink in the centre. Transfer to a plate.
- Add bean mixture to pan; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 mins or until warmed through.
- Divide sliced fennel, radish, carrot, zucchini and cabbage between two plates. Top with salmon, bean mixture and mint. Serve with dressing.
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
16g total fat (3.8g saturated fat); 1629kJ (389 cal); 22.8g carbohydrate; 33.9g protein; 10.6g fibre