Greek Beetroot & Grilled Feta Salad
Prep + cook time: 15 mins
- 100g reduced-fat feta, halved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 200g lebanese cucumber
- 200g vacuum-packed cooked baby beetroot
- 1 large (250g) beef steak tomato, sliced thickly
- 60g butter lettuce leaves
- pickled red onion
- ½ small red onion (50g), thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- To make pickled red onion, combine ingredients in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 5 mins to pickle.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Coat fetta slices lightly in 1 tsp of olive oil; cook for 2 mins each side or until golden, adding seeds to pan for the final minute to lightly toast.
- Halve, seed and thinly slice cucumber; quarter beetroot. Place tomato, cucumber and beetroot into a shallow serving dish with salad leaves. Top with pickled red onions, reserving pickling liquid.
- Whisk remaining oil into reserved pickling liquid. Top salad with pan-fried fetta; spoon over dressing and sprinkle with toasted seeds.
Tip: Store any leftover pickled red onion in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutritional count per serving:
20.6g total fat (7.3g saturated fat); 1426kJ (340 cal); 18.1g carbohydrate; 18.2g protein; 5.4g fibre